Top brands for Vegan food
Irrespective of whether you’re a long time vegan or have recently switched to this healthier lifestyle, you may not be aware of some of the vegan brands which have recently come up, thanks to the growing popularity of and demand for vegan products. Therefore, to make your search a bit easier, we’ve listed below some of the most well-known and reputed brands that make vegan products in the country as of now, divided into a total of 5 categories. (If you'd rather just check out some of the most important vegan products to make the vegan transition, check out our blog -
Top brands for Vegan food
- Vezlay - Vezlay Foods Pvt. Ltd. was Formed to Provide the Nutritious, Healthy and Delicious Vegetarian Foods in Hygienic and Cost-Effective Manner. They are one of the leading soya product suppliers in India. They have very Innovative Ready to Eat food products made of soya, which have a texture that’s similar to that of their non-vegetarian counterparts.
- Beyond Meat - Beyond Meat Believes that There’s a better way to feed our future. They believe that By shifting from animal to plant-based meat, we can positively affect the planet, the environment, the climate and even ourselves. After all, the positive choices we make every day, no matter how small, can have a great impact on our world.
- Wakao - Wakao Foods is India’s first Brand that makes products from the superfood – Jackfruit. This Goa-based sustainable food brand offers handpicked natural products with a vision of benefiting the planet. The company stands for creating a better tomorrow – one where humanity thrives, with products that are curated from ethically grown and sourced produce that is then hygienically processed and packaged. All Wakao products have no preservatives with a shelf life of 1 year and require no refrigeration.
- Veggie Champ - Ahimsa Food (non violent food) is the first company in India to manufacture Mock Meat. Products that look & taste like meat but are 100% vegetarian. Mock meat originated in Japan, where it was perfected by Japanese buddhist monks who were trying to wean themselves away from a meat based diet to a vegetarian diet. The company offers the dishes under its brand name, “Veggie Champ”as they believe that eating vegetarian food is nutritionally, environmentally and ethically, a better option, and therefore makes you a champion!
- Bluetribe - Bluetribe cares about our planet, and about how it’s deteriorating at a rapid pace, whether it be the koalas, orangutans and tigers losing their habitat to farming, the fast melting ice caps and rising sea levels, the water that is precious and wasted, the oceans that are polluted and about the people who live on this earth. Another thing that they care about is meat. Therefore they believe that we just have to reinvent how the world eats their meat. To help us along the way, they’ve created their delicious meatless meats, so that we can reduce our impact on the planet without compromising on taste, a win-win for everyone and for the planet.
- Imagine Meats - Imagine Meats create meat alternatives which remove the tradeoff between taste and sustainability. Their meats have no cholesterol, antibiotics or hormones, and are made with the aim of letting you enjoy great smells, textures and tastes without any guilt. Their founders are well known celebrities Genelia and Riteish Deshmukh. The couple wanted to do something sustainable to save both the planet and all of the beings living on it and that is how Imagine Meats was born.
- Bombay Cheese - A brand owned by Back to The Basics, Bombay Cheese Company is an alternative dairy processing company which does not use animals to produce the raw materials for our products. Instead, they use natural ingredients that mother nature has blessed us with to make the most delicious cheese and butter, among other products. Just as an added bonus for animal lovers, Bombay Cheese was given the award for the best plant based cheese by PETA. Ms Anuradha Sawhney, founder and CEO of Bombay Cheese, has been an animal rights activist for over 19 years and has also served as the CEO of PETA India for over a decade. She has been ranked as one of the 50 most powerful women in India by Femina magazine, has won many accolades for her work on animal rights.
- So Good - So Good offers a wide range of dairy free milks and ice creams. Their range of almond and coconut milks are high in calcium, low in sugar and naturally lactose and gluten free. All of the work done by their parent company Sanitarium, right from the foods they create, to how we engage with our supply chain partners, and from the work they do in the community to how they care for their staff is guided by one principle which is that they respect and celebrate the infinite value created in each of us, by genuinely caring for the health, hope and happiness of every person.
- Goodmylk - Goodmylk is the result of one woman’s mission to make an alt milk that’s good. Good for your body. Good for your tastebuds. Good for your lifestyle. Good for the planet. Made of only real food ingredients, Goodmylk is just that: good. Goodmylk owes its passionate beginning to Abhay Rangan, the co-founder of Goodmylk who’s been a long time vegan and animal rights activist.
- The Vegan Co. - They aspire to make Veganism mainstream all over the world by making it sustainable and convenient. For that, they strive hard to make their products taste as good or even better than Non-Vegan Counterparts. They prioritise their customers and believe that people would choose to be vegan if vegan products taste better and are healthier and therefore.
- MilkinOats - They strive to make vegan food and products accessible to everyone and bring awareness of the benefits of a plant-based diet in our society. They deeply believe in a greener, happier and fair environment where animals are viewed as living beings and their rights are valued. They are on a mission to diminish animal agriculture and provide sustainable plant-based food and beverages by delivering products that have maximum nutritional values.
- Piperleaf - Piperleaf is a Gurgaon based ethically vegan food company, which has been started in the year 2020 with an objective to introduce plant-based food products like chocolates, dairy alternatives, animal protein alternatives etc. Their motive is to make the society aware that plant-based food products can taste better than the conventional animal-based food products and are healthy too.
- Ambriona - Ambriona’s core philosophy is to embrace all things naturally. Their purpose is to consistently innovate and create indulgent products while keeping in mind your lifestyle choices. They formulate tailor-made products catering to one’s varying dietary needs. Their mission is to change the perception of Made-In-India products by delivering products of top-notch quality.
- Carra - They are a craft chocolate brand based out of New Delhi. They make clean labelled, authentic bean to bar chocolates using only roasted cacao nibs and natural sweeteners. It might be interesting for you to know that dark chocolates are one of the most nutrient dense superfoods in the world and Carra is on a mission to introduce you to the world of pure chocolate.
- Toska Chocolates - Toska is a Premium Bean-T0-Bar chocolate brand. Each Toska chocolate bar is carefully handcrafted by the chocolate maker. The chocolate bars are made with fresh fruits, nuts, berries and flowers to give different flavors to each of the chocolate bars.
- A Diabetic Chef - A Diabetic Chef believes that nothing should stop you from eating sweet confections, especially not sugar. They do not use SUGAR. Their aim is to create a community of like-minded people who believe that diabetes is not a goodbye to their cravings because you can indulge yourself in some guilt-free treats. They are committed to providing you with the best quality of Zero Sugar confections.
- Sihi - Sihi makes Chef’s favorite ingredients, professional Couvertures and Cacao. Raw material that goes into it is a result of the finest beans carefully harvested and graded by farmers. Their products have No emulsifiers, White sugar or Chemicals. They are Nutritionally Dense, Plant Based and vegan.
- Nutrazee - Nutrazee is India's premium vegan supplement brand, owned by Jagzee Enterprises, a company based in Hyderabad, India. They are firmly riveted in providing our customers with top quality dietary supplements with unrivaled customer service. With years of experience in the supplements industry under their belt, they are confident that they can provide world-class health supplements in India.
- Plix - Plix is committed to incredibly high standards, using only the highest quality ingredients to deliver the cleanest and most delicious nutrition possible. All their products are soy free, gluten free, non-GMO and free of artificial flavours and preservatives. They strive to have a positive impact on as many people as possible and are constantly experimenting with new ideas, new recipes and new products that can meet the broad and varied nutrition needs of our customers. All their products are made to provide a cleaner form of nutrition that is more delicious, more convenient and more accessible to more people.
- The Whole truth - The Whole Truth’s purpose is simple. They make food so clean, they can proudly declare every single ingredient that goes into it, upfront. And they can speak the whole truth, because they have #nothingtohide.
- Protuff - Protuff’s parent company, Aarnix Healthsciences, with its founder’s business legacy of 144 years, has a mission to offer pure and potent products at a great value. We will continue to innovate science backed protein and health supplements, delivering wellness solutions that help people live healthy lives and find vitality at any age. We do not hide our science behind proprietary formulas- we believe in easy – to – read transparent labelling. What is printed in the labels is exactly what you will find in our products. Our products are made at a partner’s manufacturing facility which is GMP, ISO 22000 & HACCP Codex certified.
- Unived - Unived promises to offer you innovative, high quality vegan healthcare products that are inspired by nature, based on research and manufactured by them in the 100% vegan facility. They state that they make an honest attempt to maintain the trustworthy nature of their brand. They understand the importance of health in their customers' lives and therefore, work to make products which safeguard the investments which you make for your health.
- Butters and More - Butters & More specialises in making healthy nut butters that are 100% vegan. They churn out a range of 24 nut butters that are all natural. No preservatives, emulsifiers, artificial flavours or colour.
- Jus Amazin - Jus’Amazin provides delicious and nutritious food that is all natural, and suitable for people who have special nutrition / dietary needs. Their business is driven by two key principles i.e Taste is at the heart of all healthy food and that everyone should have access to tasty food that is just right for them. In addition to maintaining high quality of hygiene and food safety standards, they spend numerous hours researching and developing unique product and flavor combinations to make healthy eating a joyous everyday practice for all!
- Emkay - Emkay is known for its ethics and truthfulness. After stumbling onto their first vegan product i.e., the vegan ghee, they understood the importance of veganism and then stopped making all other products. Now they sell a variety of vegan products including vegan ghee, coffee/tea premixes and soy milk powder.
Leave a comment