Soya vegget is rich in protein and acts as an excellent substitute for meat. With its delicious taste and meaty texture, you won’t even realize that its made from soy! The fact that the dish has zero cholesterol, low fat and is easy to digest makes this soya vegget curry and rice a great, healthy and nutritious option for lunch or dinner.
- 100 g of Soya Vegget (1 packet)
- 100 g of green peas
- 2-3 spoons of ginger-garlic paste
- 30 ml of Emkay Lite vegan ghee
- 1 teaspoon of cumin seed
- 2-3 chopped green chili
- 1 teaspoon of chili powder
- 1 teaspoon of coriander powder
- 1 teaspoon of turmeric powder
- 1 teaspoon of garam masala
- 2-3 teaspoon of coriander leaves for garnish
- 3-4 chopped tomatoes
- 3 chopped onions
- Salt as per taste
- Add 1-2 spoon of salt to 4 cups of water and bring to a boil
- Turn off the stove and soak 1 packet of soya vegget in the boiled water for 15-20 minutes
- Squeeze the water out from the soya vegget. Then, cut it into smaller pieces (optional) and let it marinate*
- Add 3-4 teaspoon of Emkay Lite Vegan ghee in a pressure cooker and let it heat for 2 minutes.
- Add Cumin seeds. Once it is a nice brown color, add in chopped chilies and onions.
- Fry the onions till they are golden brown, then add chopped tomatoes and stir well.
- Add marinated soya vegget and peas. Stir continuously at low health so that it won't stick to the bottom. If needed, you can also add a few drops of water so that it won't stick.
- Continue to stir it for 5-6 minutes.
- Add 3-4 cups of water into the cooker and place the lid securely. Let it cook for 3 whistles.
- Transfer to a dish, garnish with coriander and serve with rice or roti.
*Marinate squeezed soya vegget in turmeric powder, chili powder, garam masala, ginger garlic paste, salt, and coriander powder.