Filled with sensation flavors, this capsicum and soya vegget fried rice is as healthy as it is mouthwatering. It is an extremely simple and easy dish to make for lunch or dinner and is loaded with a hefty amount of protein!
- 2 cups of basmati rice
- 1 chopped capsicum
- 2 chopped onions
- 2 chopped green chilis
- 30 ml Emkay Lite Ghee
- 50 grams of Soya vegget
- Salt as per taste
- 1 tablespoon of cumin seeds
- 2-3 tablespoons of chopped coriander leaves
- 1 tablespoon of lemon
Preparation of Rice
- Take rice in a colander and wash it properly
- Soak it for 10 minutes (this helps to reduce the cooking time of rice)
- Drain the rice and let it dry for 10 minutes to make rice grains firm
- Add 8 cups of water in a saucepan, some salt, 1 tablespoon of lemon and heat it for 5 minutes.
- Add rice in boiled water and let it cook for 15 minutes.
- Once cooked, drain out the excess water and let the rice cool
- Add salt to 4 cups of water and let it boil for 10 minutes
- Add soya vegget in the boiled water and let it soak for 20 minutes
- Squeeze excess water from the soya vegget and set aside in a clean dish
- Add 30 ml of Emkay lite ghee in a saucepan and heat it for 2-3 minutes until it melts.
- Add 1 spoon of cumin seed
- Add chopped chilis and onions once cumin seeds have turned brown and then add salt as per taste.
- Add chopped capsicum once the onions are a nice golden brown
- Add cooked rice into the saucepan and mix it well.
- Stir continuously for 3 minutes on low heat.
- Garnish it with coriander leaves and serve hot