About: Lemongrass, a tall plant predominantly grown in Asian countries naturally repels insects. It is ideal for massages and it helps purify and tone the skin. It may also enhance awareness and and promote positivity. The oil is also a helpful addition to outdoor sprays.
- Refreshes and improves the mood
- Eliminates odours
- Insect repellent: Fleas and tics.
- Anti viral activities when diffused (see below)
Directions of use:
- Aroma Diffusion: Add 3-6 drops of oil in an aroma diffuser.
- Apply few drops of oil on a wet ball of cotton and keep bedside.
- Add few drops of oil at the back of the pillow.
- Use with diffuser lockets, diffuser jewelry
- Topical use: Add 2-3 drops of oil to a carrier base/oil (ex: aloe vera gel, almond oil, jojoba oil/coconut oil, etc) and apply. Recommended 2% dilution
- Inhalation: Add 2-3 drops of oil in hot water for steam inhalation. (Note: Not all oils can be used. Eucalyptus, peppermint, rosemary, geranium, tea tree, etc can be used.)
Botanical Name: Cymbopogon flexuosus
General effect: Refreshing & Relaxing
Plant part: Leaf
Aromatic Description: Citrus, herbaceous, smoky
Collection method: Steam Distillation
For external use only. If pregnant, nursing, or under a doctor’s care, consult physician. Keep out of reach of children. Avoid contact with eyes, inner ears, and sensitive areas. Possible skin sensitivity.
Anti-Viral activities/properties :
American journal of essential oils and natural products states that Oil vapours could have therapeutic benefits for people suffering from influenza, and possibly other membrane containing respiratory viruses. In vapour phase Citrus bergamia and Eucalyptus globulus were very active against influenza virus following exposures of only 10 minutes. Pelargonium graveolens and Cymbopogon flexuosus were also very active with 30 minutes exposure. This suggests that these oils in their vapour phases could be potentially useful in influenza therapy.
Disclaimer: Products and methods recommended are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease.