About: Fresh Geranium flowers have been used since the ancient Egyptian times and have been grown for their beauty and as a staple of the perfume industry. The geranium essential oil helps promote clear skin, and healthy looking hair. It also repels insects. The Sweet and uplifting rose-like aroma helps to reduce mental stress, ease feelings of anxiety and rid the mind of negative thoughts.
Directions of use:
- Aroma Diffusion: Add 3-6 drops of oil in an aroma diffuser.
- Apply few drops of oil on a wet ball of cotton and keep bedside.
- Add few drops of oil at the back of the pillow.
- Use with diffuser lockets, diffuser jewelry
- Topical use: Add 2-3 drops of oil to a carrier base/oil (ex: aloe vera gel, almond oil, jojoba oil/coconut oil, etc) and apply. Recommended 2% dilution
- Inhalation: Add 2-3 drops of oil in hot water for steam inhalation. (Note: Not all oils can be used. Eucalyptus, peppermint, rosemary, geranium, tea tree, etc can be used.)
Botanical Name: Pelargonium graveolens
General effect: Uplifting, Calming, Soothing
Plant part: Flower/Leaf
Aromatic Description: Herbaceous, green, floral, sweet, dry
Collection method: Steam Distillation
For external use only. If pregnant, nursing, or under a doctor’s care, consult physician. Keep out of reach of children. Avoid contact with eyes, inner ears, and sensitive areas. Possible skin sensitivity.
Anti-Viral activities/properties :
American journal of essential oils and natural products states that Oil vapours could have therapeutic benefits for people suffering from influenza, and possibly other membrane containing respiratory viruses. In vapour phase Citrus bergamia and Eucalyptus globulus were very active against influenza virus following exposures of only 10 minutes. Pelargonium graveolens and Cymbopogon flexuosus were also very active with 30 minutes exposure. This suggests that these oils in their vapour phases could be potentially useful in influenza therapy.
Disclaimer: Products and methods recommended are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease.